FEED SALES MANAGER
- Posted By brites management
FEED SALES MANAGER
NATURE OF JOB
Duties and Responsibilities
· Developing a sales strategy to grow Feed Sales in Kenya
· Creating a training strategy for Channel Partners and Farmers.
· Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
· Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
· Recommend frozen food items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
· Check product quality to ensure freshness; review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
· Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
· Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
· Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
· Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
· Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
· Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code regulations.
· Assist with building displays in accordance with company standards.
· Observe scheduled shift operating hours.
· Assist with breaking down loads and stocking assigned sections.
· Ensure product is stocked quickly and efficiently to ensure product quality.
· Keep refrigerated coolers, store shelves, and other displays fully stocked and conditioned at all times according to tag allocation or department standards.
· Ensure that all current merchandising, customer service, cash control, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention, maintenance, safety, food safety, associate and customer engagement rules are being followed.
· Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
· Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
· Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
· Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
· Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Key Requirements Skills, experience and qualification
· Most preferred: Degree in animal science, animal production or agribusiness. Candidates with Business Administration, Marketing, Agriculture, or a business-related field with prior animal feed experience is acceptable.
· 5 years of experience in a similar sales role within the animal nutrition and animal health environment.
· Prior experience of developing strategy and managing and developing sales teams.
· Experience developing new geographies and markets.
· A Driver’s License is required with a special preference to those who have driven pick-ups previously.
· Willingness to travel over 80% of time
HOW TO APPLY
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.