- Posted By brites management
NATURE OF JOB
Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage constructions contracts and ensure these are delivered within budget, time and quality (standard specifications).
· Lead review performance review of contractors as part of Procurement Committee
· Document any breaches by contractors and escalate to management accordingly.
· Supervise and follow up constructions to ensure timely, cost effective and quality delivery of the works.
· Supporting and liaising with the company contractors to ensure good quality work standard are done as per the specification, requirement and standard of the company and its funding agency.
· Monitor and track constructions across all field sites to ensure timely, cost effective and quality delivery of the works.
· Supervisee and Ensure construction supervising staff conduct regular monitoring and supervision field sites, and these are documented.
· Verify completion and standards by signing completion certificates.
· Provide regular and periodic updates and reports on construction work as required by the company
· Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
· Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
· Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
· Coordinate and direct the contractor and subcontractors in line with the terms of the contract and construction best practice
· Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
· Meet contractual conditions of performance including ensuring construction projects are implemented within the agreed timeframes.
· Review and document the construction works progress periodically.
· Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status as required
· Proactively anticipate and mitigate against risks and resolve any emerging issues that may arise during the construction
· Support in the negotiate terms of construction contracts, draft contracts and timely acquisition of permits and licenses that are required before, during and after the construction project is completed
· Analyze, manage and mitigate risks including escalating any significant risks identified during the construction period
· Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
Key requirement skills, Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related field
· At least 5Years’ proven working experience in construction management
· 1Years in a leadership/managerial role
· Advanced training and knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
· Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
· Understanding of all facets of the construction process
· Familiarity with construction management software packages
· Leadership and human resources management skills
· Excellent time and project management skills
HOW TO APPLY
· Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.